2 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup REAL maple syrup
1/8 tsp unrefined sea salt
2 can full fat coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
OPTIONAL: 1 TBS grass fed gelatin
- Bring blueberries, maple syrup, and salt to a boil in a medium pot. Turn down heat a bit and simmer softly for 3-4 minutes, until berries begin to pop open. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- For optional gelatin: Combine 1 TBS of gelatin with 1/4 cup boiling water and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add blueberries mixture, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and optional gelatin to blender. Process until creamy smooth.
- Place into fridge until very cold, overnight is best.
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately as soft serve. OR place into freezer safe container and freeze until firm enough to scoop. (I like to firmly press a piece of parchment paper over the top of ice cream to help avoid freezer burn.)
From : http://www.savorylotus.com
NO CHURN –
Instant Berry Ice Cream
- 1 cup FROZEN berries of your choice: strawberries, blueberries, cherries
- 1/2 cup coconut mild, full fat
- optional: 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: add sweetener if needed to taste
- Add 1 cup of frozen berries/fruit to your blender.
- Pour in 1/2 cup coconut milk, then blend. You may need to stop and start the blender a few times to push the “ice cream” down from the sides. Try not to over blend, as you want to keep this cool, thick & creamy.
- Once fruit and coconut milk is well combined, you have the option of blending in 1 Tablespoon of MCT oil. Pour in, the quickly blend a little longer.
- Spoon dessert into an ice cream dish. (For the scoops of ice cream, set the ice cream in the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up, but this is totally not necessary)