- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk or half and half (unsweetened almond mild or coconut milk is better)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup artichokes in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, drained and quartered
- ¼ cup bottled sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- ¼ asiago cheese, shredded
- ¼ feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 2 mini muffin tins (with 12 cups each) with cooking spray.
- Put eggs and milk, or half and half, in a blender and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ full with the egg mixture.
- If using marinated or packaged flavorings, drain the oil from the vegetables before chopping. Evenly distribute the artichoke slices, kalamata olives, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes and asiago cheese among the muffin tins. Fill the tins to the top with more egg mixture then sprinkle with feta and parsley.
- Bake until the egg is set, about 10-12 minutes. The eggs will deflate somewhat once removed from the oven and as they cool.
- Run a knife around the edges of the frittatas to loosen them from the muffin cups. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Egg Muffins with Sausage, Spinach, and Cheese
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
3 lean breakfast turkey sausage links
5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/4 cup milk (unsweetened almond mild or coconut milk is better)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup fresh chopped spinach
1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium skillet, brown the turkey sausage links on medium-high heat. Cook until sausage is brown all the way through. Cut sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and eggs. Whisk in skim milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the chopped spinach.
3. Grease 6 muffin tin cups with cooking spray or line cups with paper liners. Pour egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
4. Distribute cheese and sausage equally between each muffin cup.
5. Bake egg muffins for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are firm in the center. Remove from oven and gently go round each egg with a butter knife. Serve warm.
From : http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
MEXICAN BREAKFAST CUPS
- ½ cup drained and rinsed, canned black beans
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado, peel and seed removed, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup cooked bacon bits, or crumbled bacon pieces
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup skim milk (or any milk) (unsweetened almond mild or coconut milk is better)
- Optional: 1 – 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Add the black beans to a large bowl. Lightly pat the beans with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture. Add the avocado, corn, bacon, and cheese to the bowl. Lightly stir to combine. Use a spoon to divide the corn mixture evenly in the muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Optional: transfer the egg mixture to a large measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Pour the egg mixture over the corn mixture in the muffin tin, filling it until each cup is almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Optional: Top with sour cream, and salsa.
EASY SPINACH ARTICHOKE QUICHE CUPS
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 package frozen spinach, drained
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup milk (any kind) (unsweetened almond mild or coconut milk is better)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 12 baking cups by either spraying them liberally with cooking spray, or lining them with paper liners.
Stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until combined. Portion the mixture into the 12 prepared baking cups so that they are all nearly full.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the quiche comes out clean. Serve immediately.
From : http://www.gimmesomeoven.com
Southwest Omelet Cups
1/4 cup heavy cream or milk (unsweetened almond mild or coconut milk is better)
1/3 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 cup chopped spinach
2 Tablespoons minced shallot (or garlic or onion)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and grease up a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and salsa. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and divide mixture into muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through. (A knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Like when you check a quiche.)
Serve with extra salsa and chopped avocado.