I love Cod Liver Oil! It’s been used for centuries because it is so effective in addressing what ails you and in helping to prevent ailments such as the flu, depression, cancer, heart disease and learning disorders – just to name a few.
This from the Weston A. Price Foundation:
“Physicians used cod liver oil to treat the vitamin D deficiency disease rickets at least as far back as 1799, and by the 1820s use of cod liver oil for this purpose was widespread in Germany, Holland, and the Netherlands. During the same century, its use expanded to include the treatment of eye diseases and tuberculosis. Research between 1920 and 1940 further expanded the use of cod liver oil to prevent or treat measles, industrial absenteeism, and puerperal fever, a fatal infection occurring in women just after giving birth. The advent of sulfa antibiotics and later penicillin mostly eliminated medical interest in cod liver oil as an anti-infective agent, but a number of trials conducted before 1940 provided solid evidence of its efficacy. In clinical trials, cod liver oil reduced measles mortality by more than one-half and reduced industrial absenteeism by up to two-thirds.”
From Dr. Royal Lee:
“Cod liver Oil (CLO) is the single best source of Vitamin D. Why? Because you’re getting two fat soluble vitamins (A, D) that you otherwise might not get in their natural form. It is the natural occurring vitamin F found in CLO that acts as an antidote for vitamin D and moves Calcium along where its supposed to go and helps to maintain a healthy blood calcium balance.”
“For pregnancy it helps to prevent childhood-onset Type 1 diabetes in the offspring perhaps through the anti-inflammatory effects of long chain n-3 fatty acids. It helps to improve breast milk by increasing the amount of fatty acids, which promotes brain development and the natural occurring vitamin A helps prevent infections.”
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 78(6): 1128-1134, 2003
CLO can help to reduce cavities by ½ over children that didn’t take CLO.
CLO can help reduce pain and inflammation.
CLO can help reduce upper respiratory tract infections.
CLO is instrumental in bone health and osteoporosis”
“CLO is a building block to treat chronic colds, flu, bronchitis and pneumonia. In fact, it is the major part of my protocol for these along with Immuplex and Congaplex.” Dr. Bruce West
Healthguidance.org reports CLO helps with:
“• Reduction of inflammation in osteoarthritic conditions
• Prevention of inner ear infections
• Reduction in levels of triglycerides in the bloodstream
• Potential reduction of cholesterol in the bloodstream
• Prevention of blood clots that lead to stroke and heart attacks
• Effective in preventing/treating psoriasis
• Prevention of birth defects from vitamin A & D deficiency
• Alternative treatment for Crohn’s disease
• Reduction of high blood pressure
And the list goes on from there. There is also a good deal of research that indicates that cod liver oil may be effective to some degree in treating certain mental disorders, cystic fibrosis, asthma, allergies, lupus, macular degeneration, and believe it or not, sickle cell anemia. Anyone who has been diagnosed with a deficiency in either vitamin D or vitamin A can also benefit from cod liver oil as can anyone who has had to rely on NSAIDs for inflammation and the resulting pain. Some studies even indicate that cod liver oil may aid in the prevention of Type I Diabetes.”
Many brands of cod liver oil have been highly processed, deodorized, bleached and as a result of dwindling vitamin content at this point, they have synthetic vitamins added back in. So once again, you can’t go to Costco or Whole Foods and buy your supplements. It’s just too dangerous and at the very least a big waste of money. Standard Process just came out with a quality Cod Liver Oil that people just love:
Standard Process Cod Liver Oil addresses vitamin A deficiency and vitamin D deficiency while supporting the body’s natural inflammatory response and a healthy immune response. Careful processing ensures this cod liver oil maintains its natural profile of vitamin A, vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, and a small amount of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10).
- A cod liver oil with a natural profile of vitamin A and vitamin D
- Provides EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids that, according to the United States Food and Drug Administration, may
- reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Supports immune response
- Supports healthy eyes and skin
- Supports epithelial tissue
- Supports bone and tooth health
- Supports musculoskeletal system
- May support mood challenges and liver function
- Supports the body’s natural inflammatory response
- Contains small amounts of naturally occurring CoQ10
- In convenient perles with a natural lemon flavor
- Standard Process Cod Liver Oil tested for purity by a third party